Saturday, November 22, 2008

What Do You Believe About Thanksgiving...?

Our friend Lisa Halliday forwarded this Thanksgiving trivia test. I got one wrong because I thought it was a trick question -- the year I was taught was the first Thanksgiving is, at least according to this quiz -- but some of the others were a little tougher.

The older I get, the more grateful I am for things that I'm surprised make me grateful. Of course there are family and friends, and still being able to pay the mortgage (which is a fixed-rate mortgage, thank you), but even in bad times we can be thankful. For those who have experienced a loss, you will find yourself thankful for your memories. For those who have experienced tough luck, you will find yourself thankful for the smarts and the determination to overcome your problems. And for those who have good luck and wealth, you can be thankful that you have the spirit to share those things with those less fortunate.

Happy thanksgiving!

No comments: